An all time favorite breakfast is pancakes, right?!
So, when you transition to a Keto diet, its justifiably assumed that a lot of our favorite foods are out. Like pizza and pancakes/waffles.
Well, that’s just not so with the help of things like coconut flour, almond flour…and the internet.
I originally got this recipe from here and made a couple small tweeks (added 2 scoops AdvoCare Muscle Gain protein, and more vanilla extract).
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar substitute (we use baking sucralose)
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 scoops AdvoCare Muscle Gain, vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract (optional)
- almond milk or half and half as needed (we use thinned heavy cream)
- 1. Combine cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, sugar substitute, maple extract, and cinnamon with a blender or mixer.
- 2. Add baking powder and coconut flour, blending again until well combined.
- NOTE: The matter may thicken if left to sit for more than a few minutes. If this happens, just add a splash of almond milk, cream, or half and half to thin it again.
- 3. Using an electric griddle set to 325F or a greased pan over medium heat, pour batter to form circles between 4 and 6 inches in diameter.
- 4. Flip pancakes when the edges begin to harden and the surface begins to bubble. Cook on the other side 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.