Yes…that’s a ridiculous name but really how do folks come up with names for recipes?
We’re winding up to eating clean again for the next 24 Days and beyond and I needed a replacement for the junky stuff that I really wanted. These were built based on what happened to be in my pantry which also shows the importance of what you buy and stock in your house. You will eat what is there. I promise. Buy good and be good.
This takes next to no time to make and it makes approximately 36 silver dollar sized treats.
- 2 C semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 2 1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 C unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 1/4 C chopped pecans
- Add chocolate chips and coconut oil into glass microwave safe dish. Microwave in 30 second intervals, taking out to stir after each interval, until chips and coconut oil are fully melted and mixed together.
- Add half of coconut flakes to melted chocolate. Stir. Add remaining coconut flakes to stir and blend until fully mixed in. Add cranberries and pecans. Stir until fully mixed in.
- Drop by small spoonfuls - approximately silver dollar sized drops - onto cookie sheet. Place in fridge to harden.
There are different goals for each person in regards to their health. Some want to lose weight. Some want to get healthier. Some want to gain weight. There are times in our lives where we’ve wanted to do each of those as well as combinations of those. It depends. If eating with a focus to not have added sugar in our diets then this recipe is golden. If we’re trying to be low calorie than this is horrible.
Doing the math on the macro nutrient breakdown (protein/carbs/fat) of these little ditties I was pretty happy. Not an additional drop of sugar was added. It honestly wasn’t needed. So the macros look like this:
Grams of Protein per serving: .54 g
Grams of Carbs per serving: 5.55 g
Grams of Fat per serving: 6.1 g
So what that means is…if you’re trying to drop weight then you can’t eat large quantities. They’re expensive calorically at just under 80 calories per treat. But I will say they are filling. You feel like you got a treat, you feel satisfied and they take just enough work to eat that you don’t scarf them down quickly. I, personally, have to have them out of my line of sight and out of the same room I’m in or I would find a way to power through too many. It’s my thing and I’m aware.
Anyway, enjoy these! They are a delight!