Could that recipe name BE any longer? Probably.
This is super simple, although you can complicate the heck out of it. I will acknowledge that it is your life and if you want things complicated then more power to you. This one came about because we had left overs and were hungry. When your fridge is stocked with meat, veggies and meltable dairy things it makes throwing casseroles together easy.
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, deboned and cubed
- 1 can spinach leaves
- 1 large head cauliflower, stems removed, cut
- into florets
- 1 1/2 cups shredded HEB Mexican blend cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 C heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350º and lightly grease a 9-
- 13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick
- 2. Steam cauliflower in a large saucepan with 1
- inch of water over medium heat. Cover and
- steam until just tender. Or microwave in a glass bowl (this is what we do)
- 3. Drain cauliflower and place in a large bowl.
- 4. Add chicken and cheese to cauliflower bowl and toss
- 5. Add spinach to chicken and cauliflower. Mix heavy cream with beaten eggs and pour in with chicken and cauliflower. Season with salt and pepper (and whatever else you like...garlic pepper maybe?) to taste.
- 6. Pour mixture into baking dish and place in
- oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set and
- edges begin to brown and pull away from the
- side of the dish.
- 7. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition info: Based on this recipe making 8 servings
Each serving is: 368 calories, 28 g fat, 3.8 g carbs, 25.7 g protein
If you have questions on how there can be so many vegetables in this recipe and so few carbs or eating low carb or eating low sugar or anything, feel free to ask away. If we don’t know the answer we are more than happy to steer you to resources so you can find the answers for yourself. Enjoy!